Sweet Potato and Pineapple Casserole
|Canned vacuum packed sweet potatoes||2 Pound (Undrained)|
|Pineapple||8 3⁄4 Ounce, crushed|
|Light brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), melted|
|Light brown sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), firmly packed|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), melted|
|Cornflakes||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven to 325F.
2) In a large bowl, place the potatoes and mash smoothly.
3) Add pineapple, nutmeg, salt, 2 tablespoons sugar, and 1/4 cup butter.
4) Using a fork, mix until well combined.
5) In a 1-1/2-quart shallow baking dish, spread the potatoes evenly.
6) Make Crunchy Topping: In a medium bowl, mix sugar with butter.
7) Add cornflakes; toss until cereal is well coated.
8) Sprinkle evenly over sweet potato mixture.
9) Without covering, bake for 40 minutes, or until topping is brown and crisp.
10) Serve the casserole at once.
For better flavor it can be made a day before and reheated while serving.