Danish Tomato Moons
|Firm ripe tomatoes||4 Medium|
|Crumbled basil||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Basil leaf||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Soft bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Using 2 Bread Slices)|
|Butter/Margarine||2 Tablespoon, melted|
|Crumbled blue cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Stuffed olives||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Chopped stuffed olives||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Cut the tomatoes into halves crosswise.
2) Sprinkle sugar with basil on tomatoes.
3) With a fork, pierce the tomatoes to let the sugar enter inside.
4) In broiler pan, place the tomatoes on rack.
5) In a small bowl, combine melted butter or margarine with bread crumbs.
6) Add blue cheese and olives.
7) Spoon the breadcrumbs mixture over tomatoes.
8) Broil the tomatoes until topiing is toasted and browned.
9) Serve the tomato moons as side dish.