Hungarian Cherry Tea Cake
|Unsalted butter||8 Tablespoon (1 Stick, At Room Temperature)|
|Sugar||9 Tablespoon (Use 1/2 Cup + 1 Tablespoon)|
|Eggs||3 Large, separated|
|Finely grated lemon zest||1 Teaspoon (From 1 Fruit)|
|Lemon||1 , zest finely grated|
|Fresh lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Pure vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dark sweet pitted cherries||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (Fresh / Well Drained, Jarred)|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) In a 8/4-inch springform cake pan, apply butter and line the bottom with a round waxed paper and butter the paper.
3) In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and 1/2 cup sugar with an electric mixer.
4) Add the egg yolks, lemon zest, lemon juice and vanilla, blend well. Then add the flour and mix well.
5) In another bowl, beat the egg whites and salt until firm but not stiff. 6) Stir 1/3 of the egg whites into the batter until well blended. Fold rest of the egg whites into the batter, until mixed.
7) Pour the batter into the prepared pan, arrange the cherries evenly on top and sprinkle evenly with the 1 tablespoon sugar.
8) Bake in the preheated oven for about 35 minutes, until golden brown and spongy.
9) Allow the cake to in the pan for 10 minutes on a wire rack, then loosen the edges cake, remove the ring and allow to cool further.
10) Remove the springform bottom and the waxed paper, then invert the cake on a serving plate.
11) Slice and serve on a serving plate.