|Chuck steak||1 1⁄4 Pound|
|Vegetable oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Beef stock/Water||3 3⁄4 Cup (60 tbs)|
|Tomato puree||4 Tablespoon|
|Sour cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1) Cut the meat into cubes measuring about 1 1/2-inch each.
2) Peel the onions and thinly slice them.
2) To a deep, heavy-bottomed skillet, add oil and saute the meat cubes along with the onions over medium heat till the onions have turned golden.
3) Add the hot stock and season with salt to taste. Bring the mixture to a simmering point over moderate heat.
4) In a bowl, blend together the tomato puree, paprika, sugar and flour. Mix till smooth.
5) Into the mixture, put a few tablespoons of the hot stew liquid and stir well.
6) Take the pan with meat and onions off the heat and then stir in the tomato puree mixture. Blend properly.
7) Put the pan back on the heat and bring the mixture back to a simmer.
8) Cover the pan and cook the stew over low heat for about 2 hours or till the meat has tendered.
9) Serve hot after skimming the fat, stirring in the sour cream and adjusting the seasoning to taste.