Easy Swiss Cheese Fondue
|Natural swiss cheese||1 Pound, chilled, cut to fit food chute|
|Dry white wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Crusty french bread loaf||1 , cut in 1-inch cubes|
1. In a food processor bowl attach the Knife Blade with Disc above it.
2. Add the cheese and shred finely.
3. Tip into a large mixing bowl.
4. To the shredded cheese, add cornstarch, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
5. Stir lightly to mix well.
6. In a 3-quart saucepan add the wine.
7. Place pan over low heat and bring the wine to a boil.
8. Add the cheese mixture, a little at a time, whisking vigorously with a wooden spoon or wire whisk until cheese melts until all the cheese has been added and the mixture is a smooth thick sauce.
9. Pour the fondue into a fondue pot or a small serving pan.
10. Serve immediately with skewers and bread cubes.
Calories 332 Calories from Fat 150
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g25.9%
Saturated Fat 10.1 g50.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 52.2 mg17.4%
Sodium 387.7 mg16.2%
Total Carbohydrates 22 g7.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.74 g3%
Sugars 2.5 g
Protein 18 g36.4%
Vitamin A 9.4% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 45.1% Iron 5.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet