Stroganoff For A Crowd
|Beef round steak||8 Pound (1/2 Inch Thick)|
|Shortening||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped onion||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Canned sliced mushrooms||12 Ounce (2 Cans, 6 Ounce Each)|
|Condensed cream of mushroom soup||42 Ounce (4 Cans, 10 1/2 Ounce Each)|
|Canned condensed beef broth||10 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Tomato paste||6 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Dairy sour cream||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
1) Partially freeze meat and cut into thin strips.
2) In a kettle, heat shortening and brown the meat.
3) Season to taste with pepper and stir in onion, mushrooms, and garlic.
4) Combine soup, beef broth, tomato paste, blend to make a smooth paste, and add to the meat.
5) Cover and let it simmer until meat is tender.
6) Add some hot mixture in the sour cream and return the mixture into the meat, heat but do not boil.
7) Cook noodles in salted water according to package direction.
8) Serve meat over hot noodles.
Calories 394 Calories from Fat 161
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27.7%
Saturated Fat 3.3 g16.4%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 25.7 mg8.6%
Sodium 249.8 mg10.4%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g5.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.6%
Sugars 3 g
Protein 38 g75.9%
Vitamin A 4.4% Vitamin C 3.7%
Calcium 3.9% Iron 3.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet