Irish Beef Stew
|Chuck steak/Braising steak||1 1⁄2 Pound, cut into about 3 inch chunks (700 Gram Or 1 Pound 9 Ounce)|
|Seasoned flour||2 Tablespoon (For Dusting)|
|Onion||1 , roughly chopped|
|Carrots||3 , cut into chunks|
|Potatoes||2 , cut into chunks|
|Beef stock||3⁄4 Pint (425 Milliliter)|
|Finely chopped parsley||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Finely chopped chives||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
1. Toss the beef in seasoned flour and shake off any excess flour.
2. In a large pan, heat oil
3. Fry the beef in batches until brown all over.
4. Set aside in a plate
5. To the same frying pan, add onions and cook for 3 minutes.
6. Add potatoes and carrots and cook for 3 minutes more.
7. Add the beef to the simmering pan, pour over the stock and season with salt and pepper
8. Bring to the boil and then turn down the heat.
9. Simmer covered for 1 1/2-2 hrs or until the beef is tender.
10. Sprinkle with herbs and serve hot.
Calories 1126 Calories from Fat 618
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 70 g107.1%
Saturated Fat 23.1 g115.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 225 mg75%
Sodium 1004.4 mg41.9%
Total Carbohydrates 54 g18.1%
Dietary Fiber 8.3 g33%
Sugars 9.9 g
Protein 63 g126.5%
Vitamin A 308.8% Vitamin C 86%
Calcium 8.7% Iron 30.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet