Fruited Pork Roast Scandinavian Style
|Boneless pork loin roast||3 1⁄2 Pound, rolled (1 In Number)|
|Pitted dried prunes||10|
|Beer||12 Ounce (1 Can Or 1 Bottle)|
|Apple||1 Medium, pared and chopped|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) At the center of roast make pockets by piercing with a long, sharp knife. Let there be strings on the roast.
2) Alternately remove strings and with a strong knife, cut pocket in pork making a deep slit down length of loin.
3) In a saucepan mix prunes, beer, and ginger.
4) Boil the mixture over heat. Remove from heat and let stand for 30 minutes.
5) In a small bowl mix apple with lemon juice.
6) Drain prunes, reserving the liquid. Dry with paper towels.
7) Mix prunes and apple.
8) Into the pocket of pork pack the fruit with a wooden spoon.
9) In the alternate method of cutting pocket, tie with string at 1-inch distance. Secure with skewers or sew with kitchen thread.
10) In a roasting pan place meat on rack.
11) Roast at 350°F 2 to 2 1/2 hours. Before 45 minutes of finishing roasting, spoon fat from pan.
12) Baste occasionally with liquid drained from prunes.
13) Put meat into the platter.
14) Skim fat from cooking liquid.
15) In the roasting pan add some water to loosen brown bits. Mix it with the cooking liquid.
16) Mix salt, pepper, and enough water to measure 2 cups.
17) In a small bowl make a paste of flour and water.
18) Mix the content with cooking liquid. Stir the mixture constantly till thick.
19) Pass in sauceboat over meat slices.