Scandinavian Fruit Soup A Dessert
|Dried apricots||11 Ounce (2 Cups)|
|Pitted dried prunes||11 Ounce (2 Cups)|
|Raisins||5 Ounce (1 Cup)|
|Beer||24 Ounce (2 Cans Or Bottles)|
|Orange juice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cornstarch||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Whipped cream||4 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
|Slivered blanched almonds||2 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
1. In a large heavy bottomed saucepan, add fruits, sugar and cinnamon and pour over the water, half the beer and the orange juice.
2. Place pan over a medium flame and bring to a boil, stirring until the sugar dissolves.
3. Reduce the flame and simmer fruits for 20 minutes until they are soft.
4. Blend cornstarch into the remaining beer and stir into the soup.
5. Continue to simmer, stirring, for 5 minutes until the soup thickens and fruit is tender.
6. Allow soup to cool to room temperature then place in the refrigerator to chill
7. Serve the soup chilled garnished with a swirl of whipped cream and slivered almonds along with crusty sweet bread or cubes of cake if you like.
Calories 846 Calories from Fat 93
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.7%
Saturated Fat 3.8 g19.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 21.4 mg7.1%
Sodium 29.2 mg1.2%
Total Carbohydrates 182 g60.8%
Dietary Fiber 14.2 g56.8%
Sugars 128.9 g
Protein 9 g17.5%
Vitamin A 73.4% Vitamin C 106.8%
Calcium 14.9% Iron 23%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet