|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Wine||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (Neuchatel / Fendant)|
|Natural gruyere cheese||1 Pound (Do Not Use Processed Gruyere)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
1) Take an earthenware casserole and rub the bottom with garlic.
2) Pour wine and heat it but do not boil.
3) Stir in cheese and then add cornstarch blended with kirsch.
4) Let the mixture bubble and sprinkle pepper.
5) On an alcohol burner, place the casserole and keep the fondue so that it is hot but donot allow it to simmer.
6) If needed, drizzle some more wine.
7) Serve with cubes of crusty bread and melted cheese dipping.