Meringue Mont Blanc
|Corn oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Superfine sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Unsalted butter||4 Tablespoon|
|Canned sweetened chestnut puree||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dry sherry||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Whipped cream||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Blanched pistachios||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (For Garnish)|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 275 degrees.
2) With waxed paper or cooking parchment, line a large baking dish and then draw 2 7-inch pencil circles on it with the help of a bowl or a saucepan lid.
3) Use corn oil to lightly brush the paper.
4) Until they are dry, beat the egg whites and add 2 tablespoons of the superfine sugar. Beat once again till the mixture is stiff.
5) Fold the mixture lightly into the remaining sifted sugar.
6) Into a pastry bag fitted with a large rosette tube, out the meringue mixture.
7) Inside one of the marked circles on the paper, pipe a meringue ring and spread the other circle completely with meringue keeping the thickness to ½-inch.
8) Into 8 small rosettes of equal size, pipe the reminder of the meringue.
9) In the center of the preheated oven, bake the meringues for about 60 minutes or till they are dry, crisp and lightly browned.
10) Lift the rosettes off the paper and turn them upside down. Peel off the meringue ring very carefully and flat the base.
11) To make the filling, cream the sugar and butter together and beat the chestnut puree till it is smooth. Beat the puree into the creamed sugar and butter, a little at a time. Add flavoring of lemon juice and sherry to taste.
12) Before serving assemble the preparation.
13) Pipe some of the whipped cream around the edges of the meringue base with a pastry bad with a plain tube. On top, set the ring.
14) With the chestnut puree mixture, fill the center of the shell, piling up into a mound.
15) Pipe some of the whipped cream in each rosette’s bottom and then arrange the rosettes on top of the meringue ring.
16) Over the chestnut mound, pipe the remainder of the cream so that it looks like snow. Scatter the blanched, chopped pistachio nuts all over the puree.
17) Serve right away.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2646 Calories from Fat 1526
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 172 g264.4%
Saturated Fat 99.6 g497.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 543.3 mg181.1%
Sodium 384.4 mg16%
Total Carbohydrates 241 g80.2%
Dietary Fiber 11.3 g45.4%
Sugars 180.3 g
Protein 21 g42.7%
Vitamin A 33.6% Vitamin C 37.1%
Calcium 22.2% Iron 7.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet