|Lard||1 Teaspoon (For Greasing)|
|Self raising flour||100 Gram|
|Caster sugar||25 Gram|
1) Get a heavy frying pan, or the solid hot plate of an electric cooker, ready by rubbing the surface with. With the lard, grease lightly.
2) Once the pancakes are ready to be cooked, heat the hot plate or frying pan till the lard is just hazy. Use a kitchen paper to wipe of the excess fat, if any.
3) In a bowl, put the sugar and bowl and add the egg and half of the milk. Beat till the mixture is smooth and then beat in the remainder of the milk.
4) Onto the heated surface, spoon the mixture in rounds. Ensure that the rounds are spaced well.
5) Once the bubbles start to rise to the surface, use a palette knife to turn the pancakes and cook the other side for about a minute till the pancakes are golden brown.
6) On a wire rack, put the pancakes to cook them. Cook the remaining mixture.
7) Once the pancakes have cooled, freeze them by placing on a flat surface and open freezing first. Then neatly stack them together and wrap in foil, seal, label and place once again in the freezer.
8) Spread the frozen pancakes on a tray and place in a cold oven. Set the temperature to 400 degree and heat for about 15 minutes. Serve immediately after spreading with butter.