Coq Au Vin Rouge
|Chicken broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Broiler fryer chicken pieces||3 Pound|
|Burgundy/Other dry red wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Small white onions||1 Pound (16 Whole)|
|Canned sliced mushrooms||4 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Garlic clove||1 Large, minced|
|Poultry seasoning||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1) Chill the chicken broth and skim off fat from the surface.
2) In a large, heavy non-stick skillet, place the chicken with the skin side down and cook until browned.
3) Drain off the excess fat, then pour in 2/3 cup of the broth, wine, mushrooms, onions and seasonings.
4) Turn the chicken and cook covered over a low heat for about 45 minutes until the chicken is soft.
5) In a cup, mix rest of the 1/3 cup broth and flour, blend well until smooth.
6) Gradually stir into the sauce, stir and continue to cook until thickened.
7) Serve immediately in a nice plate.