Rich Hungarian Goulash
|Onions||3 Large, halved|
|Lean stewing beef||2 Pound, cut in 1 inch cubes|
|Red wine/Tomato juice||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Full Bodied)|
|Caraway seeds||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Using a disc fitted to a mixer bowl with slicing side facing up, slice onions.
2. Take an electric or 12 inch skillet, add butter and melt it.
3. Add onions and sauté for 5 minutes to soft.
4. Using a slotted spoon, transfer onions to a large mixing bowl.
5. Add meat pieces, 12 each, leaving some between two pieces, and allow to turn brown. Keep aside browned pieces and repeat the process till all meat pieces are browned.
6. Lower the temperature, add onions and meat.
7. Mix in wine, spices and water and stir well.
8. Let the mixture simmer, covered, for 2 hours. Stir intermittently.
9. Mix in flour along with water and stir into goulash.
10. Stirring continuously, cook to thicken sauce a little.
11. Sprinkle parsley on top, pour on noodles and serve.