Crunchy Codfish Balls
|Salt codfish||1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded|
|Fat||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For deep frying)|
|Potatoes||6 Medium (Pared)|
|Grated onion||1 Teaspoon|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
1. Soak codfish in cold water for 3 hours.
2. Drain and drop it into boiling water along with the potatoes. Cook until potatoes are tender. Drain thoroughly.
3. Place saucepan over medium heat and with a fork toss the ingredients to permit excess moisture to escape. Shake pan to prevent sticking.
4. Add remaining ingredients and beat until fluffy.
5. Shape into balls or drop from a spoon.
6. Fry in deep, hot fat (380°F.-390°F.) until golden.
7. Drain on absorbent paper.
8. Serve hot.