Chilled Claret Cup
|Red wine||1 Bottle (1 l)|
|Ruby port||1⁄2 Bottle (0.5 l)|
|Brandy||1⁄4 Pint (150 Milliliter)|
|Orange juice||5 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Icing sugar||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Oranges||2 , thinly sliced|
|Lemon||1 , thinly sliced|
|Club soda/Sparkling mineral water||12 Fluid Ounce|
1) Chill the ruby port, brandy and red wine in the refrigerator for about 2 hours.
2) In a large jug, place plenty of crushed ice and stir in the ruby port, brandy and red wine.
3) In a small bowl, mix the icing sugar, orange and lemon juice together and stir to dissolve the sugar.
4) Pour the mixture into the jug along with orange and lemon slices.
5) Then stir in the soda or sparkling mineral water.
6) Pour into nice tall glasses, garnish with fresh mint sprigs and serve immediately.