Hungarian Cheese Pastries
|Butter/Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1 2⁄3 Cup (26.67 tbs)|
|Egg yolk||1 , beaten|
|Heavy cream||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Cheese filling||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Confectioners sugar||1 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) Gently cut the butter into flour and salt mixture.
3) Mix in the egg yolk with a fork, then add cream just to hold the mixture together, then refrigerate overnight.
4) Roll about 1/3 dough into square about 1/4 inch thick and place in 8x8x2 inches pan.
5) Roll 1/2 of the dough to form about 1 inch wide strips for the sides of pan, then pour and evenly spread the Cheese Filling.
6) Roll out rest of the dough and cut 3/4-inch strips, then place over the filling in a lattice-fashion.
7) Bake in the preheated oven for about 40 minutes. Remove and cool on a wire rack.
8) Sift over the confectioners' sugar, then cut into 2-inch squares, garnish with the jelly and serve immediately.