|Unsalted butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Chicken stock/Beef stock||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat oven to 350 degree.
2) Trim off the root ends of the endives, cut each head lengthwise, wash and let it dry.
3) Also discard the tough core at the base of each heart.
4) Peel and dice onion finely.
5) Take a flameproof casserole, melt butter, and stir fry onion until soft and translucent.
6) Stir in endives, saute, and season with freshly grounded pepper and salt.
7) Remove dish from heat, Pour the stock over the endives, cover, and cook in an oven for 35 minutes.
8) Garnish with finely chopped parsley and serve.