Royal Consomme Madrilene
|Light cream/Half and half||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|White pepper||1 Dash|
|Consomme madrilene||42 Ounce|
|Dry sherry/Madeira||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
1. Make Royal Custard: Preheat oven to 300°F. In small bowl, with rotary beater, beat eggs, cream, salt and pepper until well blended but not foamy.
2. Strain into a buttered 8-inch pie plate. Set pie plate in shallow pan on oven rack. Pour hot water into pan to 1/2-inch level. Cover pie plate with piece of waxed paper.
3. Bake 40 to 45 minutes, or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Remove pie plate from water. Cool; refrigerate until well chilled.
4. Just before serving: In medium saucepan, heat madrilene just to boiling.
5. Cut chilled custard into 1/3-inch cubes. Place cubes in eight consomme cups, dividing evenly.
6. Stir sherry and lemon juice into madrilene. Ladle over custard cubes.