|Thick cream||1 Pint|
1. Joint the pheasant into serving pieces reserving the back and wings for making stock if you like.
2. Rub the pieces with salt and pepper to season well.
3. Butter a large casserole or Dutch melt the butter over a medium flame.
4. When the butter stops frothing, add the pheasant pieces and sear them until evenly browned on all sides.
5. Transfer the pieces to a pressure cooker and add 1/8 cup water.
6. Pressure cook at 15 lbs pressure for 15 minutes or until tender.
7. Remove from the pressure cooker and return to the casserole in which it was browned.
8. Blend cream and sherry and pour over the pheasant.
9. Simmer until thick and bubbly.
10. Serve the pheasant and cream sauce over wild rice.
Calories 867 Calories from Fat 638
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 72 g111%
Saturated Fat 38.8 g194.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 330.6 mg110.2%
Sodium 299 mg12.5%
Total Carbohydrates 5 g1.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.01 g0.03%
Sugars 0.1 g
Protein 48 g95.9%
Vitamin A 48% Vitamin C 18.9%
Calcium 10.5% Iron 13%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet