Irish Applesauce Cake
|Sifted flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Grated lemon rind||1 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Applesauce||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Grease a pan.
2) Mix the flour, sugar, egg yolks, butter and rind together and divide into 2 equal parts.
3) Press 1 part into the pan.
4) Mix the applesauce and spices and spread over the dough.
5) Sprinkle in the remaining dough over applesauce.
6) Place in the oven and bake at 350 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes.
7) Top with whipped cream or lemon sauce.