|Blanched almonds||1⁄2 Pound|
|Confectioners sugar||2 3⁄4 Cup (44 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
1) Grind almonds finely measuring to 2 2/3 cups.
2) Sieve sugar.
3) Whip egg whites with the baking powder till stiff.
4) Add sugar to the ground almonds and mix thoroughly.
5) Add egg mixture and beat till smooth and stiff. Alternately turn the mixture on marble slab and smoothen with wooden paddle or spoon.
6) Heat oven at slow (275°F.)
7) Divide the almond mixture and make into small balls.
8) On a greased cookie sheet covered with wax paper place 1 inch apart.
9) Bake in slow oven for about 20 minutes till brown.
10) Take out from oven, upturn the paper.
11) With a cloth wrung out of cold water wet the back so that the macaroons drop off easily.
12) Serve warm or cold.