Cambridge Chocolate Ice Cream Roll
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Unsweetened cocoa||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Or To Taste)|
|Light cream/Milk / water||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|White rum||1 Teaspoon|
|Vanilla ice cream||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Sifted icing sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Whipping cream||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Semi-sweet chocolate||7 Ounce, coarsely chopped|
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. For preparing cake: Take a mixing bowl, sift flour in it and add salt, baking powder and cocoa, blend it well and keep it aside.
3. In another bowl whisk the eggs until they become thick.
4. Add sugar, rum, cream and vanilla and whisk well.
5. Beat the mixture nicely with hands or at low speed of an electric mixture.
6. Combine the dry ingredients with wet ingredients and blend them until they turn smooth.
7. Take a 15 X10 inch cookie sheet, grease it nicely, line it with greased foil.
8. Spread the cake batter on to the cookie sheet in ½ inch thickness.
9. Bake for about 15 minutes at 375°F until the toothpick inserted comes out clean.
10. Soften the ice cream by placing it in refrigerator.
11. Put the clean tea towel over the counter and spray sifted icing sugar over it.
12. When done take out the cake from oven and invert it over the towel.
13. Take off the foil and roll the cake in jelly roll fashion and allow the towel to remain inside the cake. Cake may show cracks in different places but this should not affect the final results.
14. Spoon the softened ice cream over the cake.
15. Roll the cake again and spoon any ice cream that sticks to the sides.
16. Line 4 strips of waxed paper on serving tray to highlight the shape of a chocoalte roll.
17. Allow the cake to rest on top of a wax paper.
18. For preparing icing- Take the saucepan and cook the whipping cream just before the boiling point.
19. Fold in chopped chocolate andremove it from heat.
20. Stir the chocolate until it softens.
21. Cool the chocolate slightly and drizzle it all over the roll.
22. Chill it for an hour until they turn firm. And remove the wax paper from the bottom of the roll before serving.
23. Thaw the rolls slightly, then slice them and serve immediately.