Salmi Of Partridge
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Red wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Juniper berries/1/4 cup gin||12|
|Unsalted butter||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
1) Truss partridges and ask for the giblets from butcher.
2) Preheat oven at 375°F.
3) Peel and chop onion.
4) Trim mushrooms and slice thickly.
5) Crush juniper berries lightly
6) Put partridges breast side down in a roasting pan. Cook for 15 minutes.
7) Take off from oven, cut off barding fat around each bird. Carve breasts neatly.
8 Halve the breast pieces and keep aside.
9) In a pan put carcasses and cover with cold water.
10) Add peeled and chopped onion and simmer for 30 minutes.
11) Strain stock through cheesecloth. Add salt and freshly ground pepper.
12) In a wide shallow pan arrange the breast. Add mushrooms and stock to cover.
13) Cover with a lid and simmer over low heat for about 30 minutes.
14) With the remaining stock mix wine. Add giblets and the mashed livers.
15) Add juniper berries or gin to the wine stock.
16) Boil mixture and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
17) Take out the partridge breasts from the pan and place on the serving dish.
18) Keep warm over oven, Pour liquid into the wine stock.
19) Mix butter and flour together. Add in little quantity to the stock.
20) Stir till the sauce thickens. Simmer and adjust seasoning.
21) On the partridge breasts pour the sauce. Sprinkle finely chopped parsley.
22) Serve with shoestring potatoes or Saratoga chips, fried bread crumbs or bread sauce, and sprigs of watercress.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3275 Calories from Fat 1459
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 162 g249.3%
Saturated Fat 51.1 g255.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1168.4 mg389.5%
Sodium 1049.4 mg43.7%
Total Carbohydrates 37 g12.4%
Dietary Fiber 4.6 g18.5%
Sugars 7.9 g
Protein 372 g743.2%
Vitamin A 89.5% Vitamin C 195.8%
Calcium 25.8% Iron 117.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet