Roquefort Cheese Strudel
|Strudel leaves||32 Ounce (2 Packages)|
|Mashed potatoes||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Evaporated milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Pot cheese||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Roquefort cheese||6 Ounce, crumbled|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Curry powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), melted|
|Dry bread crumbs||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Remove and place the packages of the strudel leaves at the room temperature for minimum 3 hours.
2) Preheat the oven to 375° F.
3) In an electric mixer, blend the milk, potatoes, cheeses, yolks, curry powder, salt, pepper to taste.
4) Then blend in the beaten egg whites and adjust the seasonings.
5) Open and place a sheet of strudel leaves on a large damp cloth, apply butter to the the leaves and sprinkle with the crumbs.
6) Repeat with three more sheets, place one above the other.
7) Spread 1/2 the cheese mixture on the short edge of the leaves making a 3 inches wide strip.
8) Roll up the strudel, fold in the sides of the leaves, roll over a greased baking sheet and apply butter on top. Repeat for another strudel.
9) Bake in the preheated oven for about 25-30 minutes, until golden brown.
10) Slice into two-inch pieces and serve immediately.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5201 Calories from Fat 1815
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 204 g313.6%
Saturated Fat 115.9 g579.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 854 mg284.7%
Sodium 8518.5 mg354.9%
Total Carbohydrates 728 g242.8%
Dietary Fiber 34.4 g137.7%
Sugars 33.4 g
Protein 167 g334.2%
Vitamin A 130.3% Vitamin C 115.7%
Calcium 208.7% Iron 176.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet