|Canned sauerkraut/2 pound fresh sauerkraut||1 3⁄4 Ounce (1 Can, 1 Pound, 13 Ounce Or 3 1/2 Cups)|
|Meat stock||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Canned tomatoes||1 Pound (1 Can Or 2 Cup)|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped|
|Apple||1 Large, peeled and chopped|
|Bacon fat||1 Tablespoon|
|Diced cooked meat||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Or Use Leftovers)|
|Black pepper||1 Dash|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Dash|
|Canned sliced mushrooms||8 Ounce, drained (2 Cans, 4 Ounce Each)|
1) Drain and wash sauerkraut.
2) Make 1-inch chunks from the kielbasa.
3) Take a heavy pot; allow the sauerkraut to simmer in it with meat stock and liquid from canned tomatoes.
4) Stir fry the tomatoes and onion with apple for a few minutes in fat.
5) Add in kielbasa with cooked meat and simmer for 10 minutes.
6) Season with salt, black pepper and cayenne and stir in sugar, flour and mushrooms.
7) Cook this until slightly thickened and mix in to sauerkraut.
8) Boil the mixture for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, pouring in enough stock if dry.
9) Leave aside overnight in a cool place.
10) Reheat slowly and serve with hot boiled potatoes when ready to use.