|Wild mallard duck||1|
|Stalk celery||1 , cut in long pieces|
|Apple||1 , sliced|
|Stalk celery||1 , cut|
|Salt pork slice||2|
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Wash the duck well inside out.
2. Pat dry with a kitchen towel.
3. Place the onion and celery stock soaked in vinegar into the cavity of the duck.
4. Place the duck in a casserole, cover with lid and place in a cold dry area overnight.
5. Remove and discard the oven and celery.
6. Preheat the oven to 500° F
7. Stuff the duck with the apple and celery.
8. Cover the duck breast with the salt pork slices, laying them diagonally across.
9. Season the duck well with salt and pepper, rubbing them all over.
10. Place duck on a roasting rack over a pan or in roaster and roast for 15 to 20 minutes, basting it with butter and oil about 4-5 times while roasting.
11. Remove and from oven and rest for 10 to 15 minutes.
12. Carve the duck using a carving knife and slicing it across the grain.
13. Serve the duck with wild rice and cranberry relish if you like.