1) Soak codfish in cold water overnight or for 12 hours.
2) Remove the bones and flake the fish.
3) Preheat oven to 350 degree.
4) Take a saucepan, put the fish flakes, cover with cold water, and let it boil.
5) Reduce heat and simmer until tender, then drain.
6) Let the fish cool.
7) In a mortar, pound the fish.
8) Steam potatoes and mash well.
9) Moisten with cream and add the codfish, olive oil, minced garlic and blend to make a fluffy mixture.
10) Season with salt and pepper.
11) Take a casserole, grease with butter, and sprinkle buttered breadcrumbs.
12) Bake at 350 degree for 35 minutes.