Osso Buco With Parsley And Rosemary
|Veal shank||2 1⁄2 Pound|
|Seasoned flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Dry white wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chicken stock/Veal stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Canned tomatoes||16 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Rosemary sprig/1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary||1 , dried|
|Finely chopped parsley||4 Tablespoon|
|Lemons||2 Large, finely grated rind|
|Finely chopped garlic||3 Clove (15 gm)|
1) Veal shank into pieces about 1 1/2 inches thick.
2) Wash vegetables and chop finely.
3) Dredge veal pieces with seasoned flour.
4) In a large heavy pan melt butter. Place meat and vegetables and brown on all sides.
5) In the process of frying, stand each piece straight to avoid the marrow falling out during cooking.
6) Stir in wine and stock. Add tomatoes with juice.
7) Sprinkle salt, freshly ground pepper, and sugar on top.
8) Add rosemary.
9) Cook covered in simmering low heat for 1 1/2 hours till meat is tender.
10) In a bowl mix the ingredients for the garnish.
11) Over the meat, pour sauce and sprinkle the garnish.
12) Alternately the marrow can also be extracted and spread on toast.
13) This Italian dish is served with Risotto alia Milanese. Serve with buttered egg noodles to enjoy as a summer meal.