Hira's Ukrainian Goulash
|Carrots||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Potatoes||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄8 Cup (2 tbs)|
|Whole wheat pastry flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Tomato paste||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1) Wash the carrots and potatoes and chop them into bite-size pieces.
2) Stem them until they become soft.
3) In a frying pan, melt the butter.
4) Add the spices to it and then stir in the flour to make a smooth paste.
5) To the paste, now add tomato paste and water, stir until smooth.
6) When the sauce becomes hot enough, stir in chopped carrots and potatoes.
7) Cook it until it gives a nice texture.
8) Serve it with a hot stew with a tomato taste.
It will go a long way on a cold winter day.