Hira's Ukrainian Goulash
|Carrots||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Potatoes||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄8 Cup (2 tbs)|
|Whole wheat pastry flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Tomato paste||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1) Wash the carrots and potatoes and chop them into bite-size pieces.
2) Stem them until they become soft.
3) In a frying pan, melt the butter.
4) Add the spices to it and then stir in the flour to make a smooth paste.
5) To the paste, now add tomato paste and water, stir until smooth.
6) When the sauce becomes hot enough, stir in chopped carrots and potatoes.
7) Cook it until it gives a nice texture.
8) Serve it with a hot stew with a tomato taste.
It will go a long way on a cold winter day.
Calories 280 Calories from Fat 56
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.9%
Saturated Fat 3.8 g18.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 15.1 mg5%
Sodium 358.3 mg14.9%
Total Carbohydrates 54 g17.9%
Dietary Fiber 8.8 g35.2%
Sugars 11.3 g
Protein 7 g14.8%
Vitamin A 241.7% Vitamin C 94.9%
Calcium 8% Iron 21.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet