Black Bean Tostadas
|Vegetable oil||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs) (Approximately)|
|Corn tortillas/8 frozen tortillas, thawed||8 (Use Fresh)|
|Bacon drippings/Lard/vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon (Preferably)|
|Diced yellow onion||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Canned beans||32 Ounce (Black, Pinto Or Kidney, Two 16 Ounce Cans)|
|Minced garlic||1 Tablespoon|
|Salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Approximately)|
|Romaine lettuce leaves||8|
|Sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||3 Tablespoon|
|Crumbled mexican white cheese/Farmer/feta cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Prepare Romaine leaves and radishes. Heap lettuce leaves end to end and cut into 1/4- to 1/2-inch-wide strips.
2) Cut radishes across into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
3) Place cookie sheet with paper towels.
4) In a colander rinse beans under cold running water and drain.
5) In small skillet heat 1/3 cup vegetable over medium-high heat. When oil heats to 375 degrees, place tortilla and fry for about 30 seconds.
6) Turn tortilla and fry for another 30 seconds till crisp. Repeat the process for remaining tortillas. Place tortilla to cookie sheet.
7) In large skillet heat bacon drippings over medium heat. Stir in onion and cook 5 to 6 minutes.
8) Mix garlic to onions and cook for another 2 minutes.
9) Stir in beans with a potato masher mash into coarse puree and add 1/4 cup water. Sprinkle salt and cover and cook over low heat and cook 5 to 10 minutes.
10) Mix sour cream with heavy cream in a small bowl.
11) Spread each tortilla with about 3 tablespoons beans in a serving platter. Place a dollop of cream mixture on top. Add equal portions of shredded lettuce and radish slices. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon crumbled cheese on top.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4214 Calories from Fat 2325
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 262 g403.5%
Saturated Fat 86.7 g433.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 277.8 mg92.6%
Sodium 7023.5 mg292.6%
Total Carbohydrates 368 g122.7%
Dietary Fiber 60.1 g240.5%
Sugars 13.8 g
Protein 114 g228.7%
Vitamin A 129.8% Vitamin C 61.8%
Calcium 172% Iron 140.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet