Saucy Swiss Steak
|Tenderized round steak||4 Pound|
|Garlic salt||To Taste|
|Flour||1⁄8 Cup (2 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Hot pepper||1 Small, chopped|
|Mushrooms||5 Ounce (canned)|
|Water||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 325° F.
2) Cut steak into bite-size pieces, sprinkle generously with garlic salt and pepper.
3) In a flat platter, spread the flour and roll the steak in it.
4) In a non-stick pan, heat oil and brown the steak.
5) Using a perforated ladle remove the steak and place in baking pan.
6) In bowl, mix together catsup, piccalilli, onion, hot pepper, mushrooms and water.
7) Stream the catsup mixture over steak.
8) Bake the steak in the oven for 1 hour, until in the meat is tender.
9) Serve the Saucy Swiss Steak hot with freshly sliced bread, if desired.