Spinach Feta Strudel
|Strudel leaves||20 Ounce (Two 10 Ounce Packages)|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Finely chopped onions||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Sweet butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Eggs||5 , beaten|
|Chopped scallions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Green Part And All)|
|Feta cheese||1⁄2 Pound, chopped|
|Fresh dill/1 tablespoon dried dill||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Finely chopped parsley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Sweet butter||1 Cup (16 tbs), melted|
1) Remove and place the packages of the strudel leaves at the room temperature for minimum 3 hours.
2) Preheat the oven to 350° F.
3) Rinse, dry and cut the spinach into 2 inch lengths.
4) Saute the spinach in the oil until soft, drain well.
5) Saute the onions in the salt butter until brown.
6) Combine the onions, cheese, scallions, eggs, dill and parsley. Then stir in the spinach and season with the salt and pepper to taste.
7) Apply butter to a square 8x8x2-inch pan.
8) Cut two strudel leaves into six square, place 1 square in the prepared pan and apply butter. Repeat with rest of the 11 strudel squares, placing them one above the other.
9) Spread 1/2 the spinach-cheese filling and top with the other 12 squares, aplying butter. Repeat with rest of the ingredients for another pan.
10) Mark 2 inch squares with a knife and bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour, or until puffy and brown.
11) Cut into squares and serve immediately in a nice plate.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5822 Calories from Fat 3758
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 425 g654.4%
Saturated Fat 233.5 g1167.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 2033.3 mg677.8%
Sodium 6640.4 mg276.7%
Total Carbohydrates 417 g138.9%
Dietary Fiber 36.6 g146.5%
Sugars 35.9 g
Protein 141 g282.9%
Vitamin A 1967% Vitamin C 504.2%
Calcium 257.5% Iron 276.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet