|Butter||8 Ounce, softened (225 Gram)|
|Caster sugar||8 Ounce (225 Gram)|
|Orange rind||1 Tablespoon, grated|
|Eggs||4 Medium, beaten|
|Plain flour||8 Ounce, sifted (225 Gram)|
|Ground almonds||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Mixed candied peel||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Currants||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Sultanas||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Raisins||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Glace cherries||2 Ounce, quartered (50 Gram)|
1. Let the oven heat to 300°F (150°C/Gas 2) and grease and line an 18 cm (7 in) round tin or a 900 g (2 lb) loaf tin.
2. Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
3. Beat in the orange rind and the eggs, one at a time, adding 15 ml (1 tbsp) of the flour with each egg.
4. Beat thoroughly.
5. Using a metal spoon, stir in the ground almonds and dried fruit.
6. Fold in the remaining flour carefully.
7. Into the prepared tin place the mixture and arrange the split almonds over the entire top.
8. Let the cake for 21/2—3 hours bake until a skewer comes out clean.
9. Take out of the oven and leave in the tin for 2—3 minutes before turning out on to a wire rack to cool completely.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5261 Calories from Fat 2287
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 262 g403.5%
Saturated Fat 126.8 g634.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1232.1 mg410.7%
Sodium 314.2 mg13.1%
Total Carbohydrates 687 g229%
Dietary Fiber 36.8 g147%
Sugars 416.4 g
Protein 72 g143.1%
Vitamin A 135.1% Vitamin C 186.1%
Calcium 65.8% Iron 74.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet