|Active dry yeast/1 cake compressed yeast||1 Tablespoon|
|Lukewarm water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), scalded|
|All purpose flour||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), melted|
|Powdered mace||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1) Dissolve yeast in water. The water used should be warm (105°F to 115°F.) for dry yeast and lukewarm (80°F to 90° F.) for compressed.
2) Preheat moderate oven (375° F.)
3) Sieve flour with salt.
3) Combine milk and sifted flour.
4) Mix remaining ingredients.
5) Keep aside covered and let rise till doubled.
6) Stir it down.
7) Add more flour around a cup and knead for 5 minutes.
8) Grease a bowl with butter and let the dough rise again.
9) Once it doubles, make into preferred choice.
10) Butter cookie sheets and arrange in it.
11) Let it rise again.
12) Place in oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
13) This dessert can be served with whipped cream.