Waterzooi De Poisson
|Cod fillet||1 1⁄2 Pound, skinned|
|Celery stick||3 , chopped|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Double cream||2 Fluid Ounce|
|Cornflour||2 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
1) Cut the large pieces out of the fish, approximately in the size of 1 1/4 inch squares.
2) In a saucepan, place the fish pieces and cover with cold water.
3) To the fish pan, add celery, butter and season with salt and pepper.
4) Poach the fish in seasoned water for 8-10 minutes.
5) Poach until fish flakes easily with the fork.
6) With a draining spoon, remove the fish from the water.
7) In a 2-2 1/2 flameproof casserole place the foil and lay the fish pieces in it.
8) Scatter the celery on top of the fish.
9) In a strainer, strain the stock of the fish and boil it rapidly to 1 pt.
10) Cool the stock and pour it over the fish.
12) Reheat the fish before serving.
Calories 324 Calories from Fat 157
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27.1%
Saturated Fat 5 g25%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 227.2 mg75.7%
Sodium 456.3 mg19%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g2.2%
Dietary Fiber 1 g4.2%
Sugars 0.9 g
Protein 33 g66.5%
Vitamin A 17.2% Vitamin C 12.8%
Calcium 6.6% Iron 8.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet