Swiss Steak With Tomato Sauce
|Beef boneless round steak||1 1⁄2 Pound (1/2 Inch Thick)|
|All purpose flour||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Onion||1 , sliced and separated into rings|
|Tomato sauce||15 Ounce (1 Can)|
1. Using a kitchen scissors trim fat from steak.
2. Use a mallet or a meat hammer to pound steak into 1/4-in. thickness.
3. Cut into individual serving size portions.
4. In zip lock bag, mix flour and seasonings.
5. Add steak pieces to flour mixture and shake in the bag to coat.
6. Empty the content of the bag into a microwavable baking dish.
7. Add onion and tomato sauce and sugar and stir to mix well..
8. Cover dish with lid or with plastic wrap.
9. Place in the microwave at HIGH for 5 minutes.
10. Turn dish.
11. Reduce power to 3.
12. Microwave for another 45 minutes.
13. Turn steak over and re-cover dish.
14. Return to microwave at power 3 and cook for 30 to 45 minutes until meat is fork tender.
15. Allow dish to stand covered for 10 minutes.
16. Skim the fat floating on top and stir well.
17. Transfer to a serving dish or casserole.
18. Serve hot with rice or bread and accompany with vegetables of your choice.
Calories 253 Calories from Fat 86
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g14.7%
Saturated Fat 3.7 g18.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 46 mg15.3%
Sodium 238.2 mg9.9%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.6%
Sugars 4.9 g
Protein 26 g51.8%
Vitamin A 7.6% Vitamin C 18.3%
Calcium 3.6% Iron 10.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet