Braised Belgian Endive
|Belgian endives||4 Medium (Prepared For Cooking)|
|Chicken broth||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
1. In a skillet, melt butter over a medium low flame.
2. Add endives and sauté for 7 to 10 minutes until lightly browned.
3. Pour in the stock, and sprinkle salt and lemon juice. Stir.
4. Cover pan and reduce the flame. Simmer for 10-12 minutes until tender.
5. Serve by spooning the liquid over the soft endive stalks
6. Garnish with freshly chopped parsley or chives.