Herbed Havarti En Croute
|Frozen puff pastry||8 3⁄4 Ounce (1/2 Of 17 1/2 Ounce Package, 1 Sheet)|
|Dijon-style mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Havarti cheese||12 Ounce|
|Finely chopped walnuts||2 Teaspoon|
|Snipped parsley/1/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes||1 Teaspoon|
|Grated orange peel||1 Teaspoon|
|Snipped fresh dill/1/4 teaspoon dried dillweed||1 Teaspoon|
|Snipped fresh basil/1/4 teaspoon dried basil, crushed||1 Teaspoon|
|Snipped fresh chives||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Fennel seed||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground red pepper||2 Dash (Several Dashes)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Apple slices/Pear slices||4|
|Assorted crackers||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 400°.
2) Thaw the folded pastry for 20 minutes at room temperature.
3) Spread the mustard on top of the cheese.
4) Sprinkle with parsley, walnuts, dill, orange peel, basil, chives, red pepper and fennel seed.
5) Unfold the pastry and slather the cheese inside.
6) Invert the cheese and fold 2 sides of the pastry over cheese with the edges overlapping.
7) Use water to seal the seam.
8) Trim the excess pastry from edges and fold it up and once again seal the seams using water.
9) With the seam-side facing down, place the pastry on a lightly greased baking sheet.
10) Cut out fruit or leaf shapes from the trimmed pastry.
11) Brush the cutout bottoms of with water.
12) Place them on the pastry-wrapped cheese.
13) Brush egg on the entire pastry.
14) Cover and chill for an hour.
15) Bake for around 20 minutes or until the pastry has turned brown.
16) Serve the dish warm with apple, assorted crackers or pear slices.
Calories 525 Calories from Fat 336
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 38 g58%
Saturated Fat 16.4 g81.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 85.2 mg28.4%
Sodium 609.2 mg25.4%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.2%
Sugars 1.8 g
Protein 17 g33%
Vitamin A 17.6% Vitamin C 6.8%
Calcium 42% Iron 9.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet