Lemon Meringue Pie
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Corn starch||3 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||4 Tablespoon|
|Grated lemon rind||1 Teaspoon|
1) Pre-heat the oven to the required temperature.
2) On a slightly floured surface, roll out the pastry dough. Use the dough to line a pie plate . Bake for a few minutes till it turns light brown.
3) In a saucepan, boil water. Add in cornstarch, flour and sugar that has already been mixed together with ½ cup of water. Continually stir. Slowly add in the egg yolks and stir well.
4) Allow the mixture to cook for 5 minutes while stirring continually. Add in lemon juice, lemon rind and salt. Remove from heat.
5) Pour the mixture into the slightly baked crust.
6) In a small bowl beat the egg yolks along with 3 tablespoons of sugar and 1 teaspoon baking powder. Pour it over and spread it as a thick layer.
7) Bake in the oven for 5 minutes till it turns light brown.
8) Remove from oven and let it cool. Make slices and serve chilled.