Eggless Danish Layer Cake
|Self raising flour||9 Ounce|
|Baking powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Castor sugar||9 Ounce|
|Nuts||5 Ounce (hazel or almonds)|
|Icing sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (for dusting)|
1. Preheat the oven to 355° F (Gas 3)
2. Grease two baking trays.
3. Into a large bowl, sift baking powder with flour and a pinch of salt.
4. Sift baking powder with flour and a pinch of salt.
5. Add castor sugar.
6. Rub butter well into this.
7. Form into a roll and cut into 8 pieces.
8. Press each piece out into an 8-inch circle.
9. Press nuts into each one and arrange on greased baking sheets
10. Bake in a moderate oven until golden and crisp
11. Remove and cool on wire racks.
12. Serve by themselves or sandwich the circles together with whipped cream and sliced fruit if you like.
13. Dust generously with icing sugar.