Eggless Danish Layer Cake
|Self raising flour||9 Ounce|
|Baking powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Castor sugar||9 Ounce|
|Nuts||5 Ounce (hazel or almonds)|
|Icing sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (for dusting)|
1. Preheat the oven to 355° F (Gas 3)
2. Grease two baking trays.
3. Into a large bowl, sift baking powder with flour and a pinch of salt.
4. Sift baking powder with flour and a pinch of salt.
5. Add castor sugar.
6. Rub butter well into this.
7. Form into a roll and cut into 8 pieces.
8. Press each piece out into an 8-inch circle.
9. Press nuts into each one and arrange on greased baking sheets
10. Bake in a moderate oven until golden and crisp
11. Remove and cool on wire racks.
12. Serve by themselves or sandwich the circles together with whipped cream and sliced fruit if you like.
13. Dust generously with icing sugar.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4816 Calories from Fat 2540
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 284 g437.7%
Saturated Fat 144 g719.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 548.6 mg182.9%
Sodium 3867.9 mg161.2%
Total Carbohydrates 520 g173.3%
Dietary Fiber 16.9 g67.6%
Sugars 309.8 g
Protein 57 g114.8%
Vitamin A 127.5% Vitamin C
Calcium 121.6% Iron 67.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet