Rhubarb And Strawberry Meringue Pots
|Rhubarb||650 Gram, cut into 4 centimeter chunks|
|Caster sugar||100 Gram|
|Orange||1 , rind grated|
|Strawberry conserve||1 Tablespoon|
|Eggs||2 , separated|
1) Pre-heat the oven to 160C/conventional and 180C/gas.
2) Take a oven proof dish and place the rhubarb in it.
3) Sprinkle 50g sugar along with orange rind and stir well.
4) Place cover on dish and bake in pre-heated oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until it becomes soft.
5) Remove the dish from oven and let it cool slightly.
6) Add the conserve and egg yolks one after the other. Stir them in.
7) Take 4 ramekins of capacity 175ml.
8) Divide the rhubarb mixture among the 4 ramekins.
9) Put them on a baking sheet and place in oven.
10) Bake for 10 minutes until the mixture becomes thick.
11) Allow to cool.
12) Take a bowl and whisk egg whites together until stiff.
13) Add half of the remaining sugar and whisk once more.
14) Add rest of the sugar and fold in gently.
15) Place the meringue on the rhubarb mixture covering it entirely.
16) Make a swirl on the top.
17) Place in the oven again and bake for 10 minutes until the meringue turns golden and puffy.
18) Serve as required.