Shoo Fly Pie
|Molasses||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Boiling water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Sifted flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Unbaked 9 inch pie shell||1|
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F.
2. In a saucepan add molasses, water, and baking soda and boil it. Boil for about a minute till mixture turns light in color.
3. In a bowl sieve sugar and flour together.
4. Take a butter in bowl and either cut it with 2 knives or blend them with pastry blender until they attain crumb consistency.
5. Spoon molasses mixture into pastry shell and spread crumb filling over it.
6. Bake the mixture in a hot oven for about 40 minutes at 425°F. When done with the baking allow the pie to cool.
7. Serve chilled.