Mace Flavored Swiss Fondue
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), cut in half|
|Dry white wine||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Shredded swiss cheese||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||3 Tablespoon|
|Ground mace||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|French bread cubes||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Rub inside of a 2-quart casserole with cut garlic.
Pour wine into casserole.
Microwave at Power Hi for 3 to 4 minutes, or until wine is hot but not boiling.
Meanwhile, in large plastic food storage bag, combine cheese, flour, mace and cayenne.
Shake to coat cheese.
Stir cheese and flour mixture into hot wine.
Microwave at Power 5 for 4 to 5 minutes, or until cheese melts and mixture is smooth, stirring with wire whisk every 2 minutes during cooking cycle.
Blend in brandy.
Using fondue forks or skewers, dip French bread cubes into fondue.
1) Take a 2-quart casserole to rub with cut garlic. Discard the garlic and add wine to it.
2) Take a large plastic food storage bag, to combine cheese, flour, mace and cayenne. Shake well to coat the cheese with flour and spice.
3) Set your microwave at Power Hi to heat up the wine for 3-4 minutes.
4) Add the ingredients of plastic bag into hot wine.
5) Set your microwave at Power 5 and cook it for 4-5 minutes or until the cheese gets melted and mixture turns smooth. During the cooking keep on whisking wine for every 2 minutes.
6) Add brandy to this blend.
7) Take fondue forks or skewers to dip French bread cubes into this mixture before serving.