Warm Russian Salad
|Waxy potatoes||750 Gram, peeled and chopped|
|Carrots||250 Gram, diced|
|Celery sticks||2 , diced|
|French beans||175 Gram, cut into 2 centimeter pieces|
|Peas/Broad beans||175 Gram|
|Cider vinegar/White wine vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Gherkins||2 Small, roughly chopped|
|Brined capers||1 Tablespoon, rinsed and roughly chopped|
1. Boil potatoes, carrots, celery, French beans and peas or broad beans one at a time, in boiling water by placing in a metal colander.
2. To make clarified butter, melt butter in a small saucepan or in the microwave until it bubbles
3. Allow the butter to cool for a few minutes until the scum surfaces on top.
4. Skim the scum
5. Pour the clarified butter into a small bowl.
6. To make the dressing, in a liquidizer jar, combine the egg yolks, vinegar and lemon juice.
7. With the blender running, gradually pour butter in a thin stream to make an emulsion.
8. Season the dressing and blend for a few seconds.
9. Store sauce in a warm place for 30 minutes.
10. Combine the warm blanched vegetables in large bowl.
11. Add gherkins and capers to the bowl
12. Pour the dressing over the vegetables and gently toss using salad spoons.
13. Serve warm
Calories 378 Calories from Fat 223
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g39.1%
Saturated Fat 15.5 g77.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 124.4 mg41.5%
Sodium 201.6 mg8.4%
Total Carbohydrates 35 g11.5%
Dietary Fiber 6.9 g27.5%
Sugars 5.5 g
Protein 6 g12.6%
Vitamin A 161.4% Vitamin C 67.4%
Calcium 5.5% Iron 9.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet