|Chuck steak||1 1⁄2 Pound, cut into 8 pieces (1 Inch Thick, 3/4 Kilogram)|
|Flour||1 1⁄2 Ounce (38 Gram)|
|Lard||1 1⁄2 Ounce (38 Gram)|
|Onions||2 , sliced|
|Celery stalks||2 , chopped|
|Canned tomatoes||8 Ounce (1 Can, 200 Gram)|
|Tomato puree||2 Teaspoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Water||1⁄4 Pint (125 Milliliter)|
1) Preheat oven.
2) Take seasoned flour and coat the meat well with it.
3) Heat oil in pan and brown the meat. Shift the contents to a casserole.
4) To the oil add onions and celery and fry till it changes colour.
5) Mix in the vegetables and all the remaining ingredients to the meat.
6) Seal the pan with a lid and braise at 170°C, 325°F, Gas Mark 3, for 2 1/2 hours till the meat is completely cooked.
7) Serve hot.
Store the content an airtight container for future use. To thaw and serve, transfer the content to a nonstick container, cover and cook in preheated oven at 170°C, 325°F, Gas Mark 3 for 45 minutes. Stir occasionally to avoid burning.