|Idaho potatoes||3 Large|
|Lard/Butter / margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Peel potatoes.
2. In a large bowl of cold water, grate potatoes using a coarse grater.
3. Soak for 10 minutes.
4. Drain potatoes, and pat dry on paper towels, squeezing out as much as water as possible.
5. In a large frying pan or skillet, heat oil over high heat for 1-2 minutes.
6. Add the potatoes and sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss well.
7. Brown 1-2 minutes, patting down with back of the spoon or a spatula.
8. Turn heat down to medium low and cook pancake for 15 minutes, until bottom is golden and crispy.
9. Loosen the pancake with a spatula.
10. Place a large plate over the frying pan, and invert the pancake on to the plate.
11. Slice the pancake into the pan and brown on the other side.
12. Slide the pancake onto a serving plate.
13. Cut into wedges.
14. Accompany with sour cream if you like.
Calories 504 Calories from Fat 116
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g19.7%
Saturated Fat 5 g25.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 12.2 mg4.1%
Sodium 825.3 mg34.4%
Total Carbohydrates 92 g30.8%
Dietary Fiber 9.7 g38.9%
Sugars 0 g
Protein 10 g19.4%
Vitamin A Vitamin C 72.9%
Calcium 0.04% Iron 0.03%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet