|Green onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely sliced|
|Butter/Margarine||3 Tablespoon, divided|
|Shredded cabbage||1 Pound|
|Cooked mashed potatoes||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Take an 8-inch skillet, add 1 tbsp margarine or butter and green onion, cook till tender and keep aside.
3. Take a 2-quart saucepan, add boiling salted water in small amount and cabbage and cook, uncovered, for about 4 minutes.
4. Cover saucepan and continue cooking for 2 more minutes or till cabbage becomes tender. Drain off excessive water.
5. Take a mixing bowl, preferable a large one, add cabbage, mashed potatoes, pepper, green onion and salt and mix well.
6. In a 2-quart casserole, apply butter and transfer the contents from mixing bowl.
7. Sprinkle the rest 2 tbsp margarine or butter.
8. Keep in the preheated oven and bake for about 20 to 25 minutes or till thoroughly heated.
9. Serve hot.
Calories 450 Calories from Fat 41
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7.1%
Saturated Fat 2.9 g14.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 12.1 mg4%
Sodium 159 mg6.6%
Total Carbohydrates 97 g32.4%
Dietary Fiber 11.4 g45.7%
Sugars 1.9 g
Protein 11 g21.4%
Vitamin A 7.5% Vitamin C 111.8%
Calcium 2.7% Iron 2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet