|Milk||1 Pint (600 Milliliter)|
|Eggs||2 , separated|
|Castor sugar||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Cornflour||1 Tablespoon (Leveled)|
|Vanilla essence||1 Tablespoon|
1. Keep ready a baking tray lined with grease proof paper.
2. In a heavy bottomed saucepan, bring milk to scalding point.
3. Reduce heat to low and simmer, without letting it boil.
4. In a clean bowl, whisk the egg white using a hand beater until it is firm.
5. Add half the sugar and continue whisking till stiff.
6. Fold in the remaining sugar using a spatula.
7. Using a ladle, spoon each portion of egg white one at a time, into the hot milk and poach for 4-5 minutes until it is set.
8. Using a slotted spoon, lift and place on a grease proof paper to drain.
9. Do the same with the other 3 portions of egg white. Allow them to cool.
10. In a medium bowl, combine the corn flour with 2 table spoon water, egg yolks, 2 teaspoons sugar and essence and stir to blend.
11. Pour this mixture into the milk in the saucepan and stirring continuously; simmer the milk until it has thickened like custard.
12. Allow the custard to cool a little before serving.
13. Pour the custard into 4 glass dessert bowls.
14. Place on poached egg island on top on the custard.
15. Garnish with grated chocolate or chocolate vermicelli.
Calories 186 Calories from Fat 57
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.8%
Saturated Fat 3 g15.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 117.7 mg39.2%
Sodium 83.6 mg3.5%
Total Carbohydrates 23 g7.8%
Dietary Fiber 0.02 g0.09%
Sugars 21.2 g
Protein 7 g14%
Vitamin A 4.9% Vitamin C
Calcium 14.9% Iron 2.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet