|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), divided|
|Egg yolks||4 , beaten|
|Cornstarch||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Strawberries||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) In a medium saucepan, combine the milk and ½ cup of sugar together. Stirring occasionally, bring the mixture to the boiling point, but do not boil. Remove mixture from the heat.
2) In a medium mixing bowl, combine together the egg yolks and the remaining ¼ cup sugar. Add cornstarch gradually, stirring properly.
3) In the egg mixture, stir half of the hot milk gradually and carefully and add the mixture to the remaining hot milk. Stir constantly.
4) Over medium flame, cook the mixture, constantly stirring it, till it has thickened and is smooth. Stir in the vanilla.
5) Pour the custard into a serving bowl and chill it.
6) Serve chilled, topped with fresh strawberries.